But what is it? It's a support system for those who struggle with depression, addiction, thoughts of suicide, eating disorders, etc. They promote "love as the movement" reminding us that love is the answer to these problems we face. Like I said, this really means a lot to me. I don't broadcast it, but I've struggled with depression, and it's taken me a long time to even get to the point I'm at now. I think so many of us deal with this and no one ever even sees it. While it's so unbelievably difficult to admit there's a problem, to admit that maybe we aren't strong enough to handle it on our own, TWLOHA offers options. It's hard to tell someone close to you what you're struggling with. They see you differently after that. It makes you vulnerable. But having an anonymous source of encouragement, a place to find professional resources without having to look far can make a big difference.
All of this to say, that I've finally found a way to help this cause personally. I've been wanting to find a way to volunteer with someone. I have a strong need to help people (which will be another topic itself) and I just kept putting it off. I figured I was no good to anyone while I was still all broken and messed up. But while I'm still all broken and messed up, I realize sometimes that's what people need to see. They need to know that they're not alone. So I am now a part of the "Street Team" (found here: http://towriteloveonherarms.fancorps.com/headquarters/). The whole purpose is to spread the word about what TWLOHA wants to do and to offer support to those who are hurting. Again, this is something that means a lot so I want to spread it around to anyone else who may want to help out as well. It doesn't cost anything, it's just about spreading love.
We were put here to love and take care of one another. May we never forget this. "When life leaves us blind, love keeps us kind."
Have a super, fantastic, great day!
Mandiy
No comments:
Post a Comment